Look What’s Happening in Room 102!

Mrs. Lynch’s Classroom Blog

Our U.S. Penpals

February 8, 2014 by teacher102 · 2 Comments · Uncategorized

Grade 2 was so excited to receive a manilla envelope in the mail this week.  It was waiting for us when we got to school last Monday.  I have a sister in Massachusetts who also teaches grade 2.  Since I loop, every 2 years we pair up our students for pen pals.  This gives our students an authentic purpose for writing – to get to know kids their own age who live in a different country.  We will be exploring sports, games and mutual interests.  We will plan to skype in the near future so the students can meet each other.

IMG_8183 IMG_8182 IMG_8181 IMG_8167 IMG_8166 IMG_8165 IMG_8164 IMG_8162 IMG_8179 IMG_8161 IMG_8184 IMG_8180

Have you ever had a pen pal?

Tags: ·

2 Comments so far ↓

• KKay

I liked Pen Pals last year too :) But I didn’t really like how I had 2 Pen Pals, but they were both very interesting. So that’s what kept me going. I’m just a bit sad how I don’t remember what their names are and what they like and look like :( But I still remember writing to them so I think that still counts :) Overall, Have fun with your Pen Pals :) -Kayliya

• teacher102

Hello K,
      Thank you for your very thoughtful comment on our pen pal project. I wish we could have continued the project for you. I think it was probably too short of a time for you to remember your pen pals. Thank you though for taking two pen pals! I am sure you have been very helpful to your little sister. She is doing a great job in grade 2.
      from,
      Mrs. Lynch